Monday, March 21, 2005

MAME Arcade project - Part 2

The MAME machine is in a very fast and intense phase of development. The picture above was taken after I had finished the primer and first coat of paint. This first coat does several things. It helps give more regularity to the surface of the medium density fiberboard. It also allowed me to see where the largest holidays were in the putty and joinery. After this photo, I went back to all the places where there were bumps and rills, and I filled them in with more compound. As that dried I used a yardstick to scrape the biggest swatch of filler clean with the edge of the board. After some more sanding it is now ready for the more serious painting. The promised views of the controls are coming soon.


Post a Comment

<< Home